Teacher Education Program
Randall University’s School of Education has four phases of completion. Phase I is admission to the program.
Phase I: Admission
All candidates must meet the following criteria to gain admittance into the School of Education.
- Successful completion of the freshman year (30 hours)
- Successful completion of EDUC 3113 Foundations of Education
- Completion of Criminal History Disclosure Statement/Fingerprinting/Background Check
- The student must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Completion of English and Math courses and for elementary, all 4X12 courses with a minimum of a “C”. Should a candidate make an unsatisfactory grade in any of these courses, he/she must repeat the course and earn a minimum of “C”.
- Complete and turn in a formal application on time which includes:
Completed application form
A copy of your current transcript
Completed Foreign Language Proficiency Form
2 Completed Disposition Reference Forms
3 Completed Academic Reference Forms
A passing score report for the Oklahoma General Education Test (OGET).
Typed essay addressing your interest in the teaching profession which must include a list and description of any work experience with students.
- Successfully completes an interview with a faculty committee consisting of three members.
- A satisfactory score of at least basic level on the candidate’s Level I Portfolio Rubric. (Level I checkpoint occurs in Foundations of Education.)
The Education Committee will approve admission, provisionally admit the student, or deny admission of the student into the professional education sequence. The student will be notified in writing of the committee’s decision.
View Requirements for the Teacher Education Program
Teacher Education Faculty
Carla Krueger, M.Ed. in School and Mental Health Counseling - University of North Florida; M.Ed. in Psychometry - Southwestern Oklahoma State University
Brent Sykes, M.Ed, University of Oklahoma
Frances Wade, M.B.A, University of Central Oklahoma