Exercise Science Degree Program
The Department of Health Promotion and Exercise Science (HPES) is dedicated to training students who care for God's greatest creation—man—utilizing research-based methods and a Christian worldview.
"For we are laborers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon." (1 Corinthians 3:9-10)
"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are." (1 Corinthians 3:16-17)
The Exercise Science program has been established to provide a general health and exercise specific education to prepare students for a career that is health and medically based in a variety of public service settings or to allow students to continue their education in graduate school in a related, specialize field. Students will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge in the field of Exercise Science.
- Knowledge of key health and nutrition principles and how they are utilized and applicable for specific individuals in varying populations.
- Knowledge of the organization of the human body and how the body functions every day and how it responds under exercise conditions.
- Critical thinking skills through analytical activities.
- Research skills in the field of health and exercise science by developing a topic and supporting it with concise, descriptive, and organized information.
View Requirements for the Exercise Studies Program here