Director of Admissions
December 3, 2017—Randall University is currently seeking to fill the position of Director of Admissions.
Purpose: “Seeks to prepare students to serve the Lord Jesus Christ,both in the church and in society at large.”
Vision: “Equipping Men and Woman to Make a Difference”
Core Values: “To challenge the students to serve Christ with integrity, Show respect without exception, andshoulder responsibility without excuse.”
The Director of Admissions is responsible for the Admissions Department. The individual is appointed by the President, subject to approval by the Board of Trustees, and serves at the pleasure of the President.
The Director of Admissions shall be a person who has received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who is in agreement with the Biblical Foundations Statement of the college, and who agrees with the Treatise of the Faith and Practices of Free Will Baptists. The employee shall maintain membership in a local evangelical Protestant church. The individual must be a person of spiritual maturity and sincere commitment to Jesus Christ. The individual must reflect the purposes of the college and be a consistent representative of the institution.
This position should possess:
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree;
- Experience in Higher Education Enrollment Management or Admissions is preferred;
- The ability to provide attention to detail of all prospective student documents, planning calendars, employee assignments and responsibilities, etc.
- The ability to work in cooperation with the Executive Vice President, the Director of Financial Aid, faculty, Admission Counselors, and other University personnel.
The Director of Admissions is directly responsible to the Executive Vice President.
The Director of Admissions shall:
- Recognize the need for good public relations and represent the college in a favorable and professional manner.
- Identify and recruit prospective students.
- Participate in the overall fundraising efforts of the college.
The Director of Admissions shall
- Be a role model in attitude, speech, and conduct by maintaining a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Show by example the importance of Scripture reading, prayer, witnessing, and Christian service.
- Follow the principles outlined in Matthew 18:15-20 when dealing with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Encourage students to accept God’s gift of salvation and grow in their faith.
- Lead others to fulfill the will of God both individually and collectively.
The Primary responsibility of the Director of Admissions is to continue to increase the number of new recruits to the University. The Director of Admissions is responsible for the direction and supervision of the Admissions Department of the University. This includes the following:
- The Director of Admissions is responsible for supervision of Admissions Counselors and other employees in the Admissions Department.
- The Director of Admissions, in cooperation with the Executive Vice President, sets director for the Admissions Department.
- The Director of Admissions is the caretaker of all Admission documents of prospective students until the documents are transferred to the Registrar office.
- The Director of Admissions coordinates all activities involved in recruitment for the University. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Communication Plans
- Campus recruitment events
- Campus visits
- Youth Camps
- Church recruitment opportunities
- College Fairs
- Denominational recruitment opportunities
- The Director of Admissions continues to create and improve strategies for recruitment of students.
- The Director of Admissions works to include faculty and other University personnel in the recruitment process.
The Director of Admissions must work in cooperation with the Executive Vice President, the Director of Financial Aid, faculty, Admission Counselors, and other University personnel.