Resident Assistant (RA) Application
If you are interested in applying to be a Resident Assistant, please read the following information thoroughly and then complete the form below. Thank you!
General Description of Position:
The Resident Assistant (RA) shall prayerfully help students make the adjustment to campus living by demonstrating Christian love and concern for students, enforcing the Student Handbook, being available to students in the dorms, and planning and participating in Student Life activities.
The Resident Assistant shall be one who has received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. The Resident Assistant shall agree to and sign the Biblical Foundations Statement of the University. The RA shall be a member in good standing of a local Church. He/she shall be a person of spiritual maturity with academic and leadership abilities that will allow him/her to represent an institution of higher learning. The Resident Assistant shall reflect the purpose of the University.
- Be present on campus as well as in the dorms
- Be on-call when scheduled
- Check email daily
- Maintain an open door for students to feel welcome
- Participate in campus activities such as events, sporting events, chapel, etc.
- Hold residents accountable to Randall Student Handbook
- Attend weekly RA meetings
- Perform curfew checks
- Treat the position like a job
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA and attend class regularly
These are only a few of the highlighted duties and expectations of a Resident Assistant. If you do not feel you can uphold or commit to these then there is no need to proceed with the application.
To apply for a Resident Assistant position, please complete and submit the form below.